- Our School
- Plant Sale
- Our Classes
- Video Gallery
- Our people
Room 1 & 2 Music Session Making Cucumber Xylophones
Today's music session consisted of making Cucumber Xylophones.
The children had to follow the following procedure:
1. Cut you cucumber in half, length ways.
2. Lay the cucumber halves side by side and place the small ends together.
3. Push your skewer through the side of the cucumber pieces to hold them together in a 'v' shape.
4. Push a skewer through the other ends of the cucumbers.
5. Lay out your bread and butter knives along the length of the cucumber.
6. Cut your toothpicks in half.
7. Push tooth picks - one on each side - of each knife to hold them in place.
8. Try playing a tune in your xylophone.
Here's how they turned out: